Montana Veteran's Organizations:
• Memorial Rose Garden
in Missoula is the site for the Montana State Vietnam and the Montana State Korean Memorials. Rose Park itself has been designated by the Montana Legislature as the Montana State Veterans Memorial Park. Contact Charlie Brown, 251-6466 or
• American Legion No. 27. Office hours are 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday and Friday. Phone: 543-7391. Meets first and third Thursday of the month, 7 p.m., 825 Ronan St. Breakfast first Monday each month, 7-9:30 a.m. Elections held in May.
• American Legion Auxiliary Unit No. 27. President, Dee Harrison, 251-4908. Meets third Thursday of the month, 7:30 p.m., noon, Golden Corral. Elections held in May.
• American Legion Forgotten Warriors No. 101, Vietnam Era and Post-Vietnam Era Group. Contact Dan Gallagher at 721-5582, Daniel Krieg at 240-4941 or write Box 4101, Missoula, 59806. Meets third Monday of the month at 7:30 p.m. Call for information. Elections held in April.
• Civil Air Patrol. Contact Capt. Kaye Ebelt, Missoula Composite Squadron Commander, 251-3341. An auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force. Provides emergency services, aerospace education and cadet leadership training. Welcomes adults who have earned a private pilot’s license and adults who are interested in becoming trained in radio communications, emergency services, aerospace education or working with cadets. The cadet program for ages 12-18 develops leadership skills, military bearing, civic awareness and, through a promotion program, allows cadets to learn how to fly single-engine airplanes. Cadets also are trained in emergency services and practice once a month with adult members. Meets every Thursday, 6:30-9 p.m. at the National Guard Armory. Web site www.capnhq.gov.
• Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), Bitterroot Chapter. Contact Shirley Bartlett, 542-1024, firstname.lastname@example.org; Luanna Butler, 251-5277; Blanche Tate, 549-2855; or Kim Ashwell, 728-0173. Meets second Saturday of each month, 1 p.m., various locations.
• Marine Corps League – Hellgate Detachment 883. Meets third Wednesday of the month at 7:30 p.m., at the National Guard Armory, 2501 Reserve St. Contact Doug Reeves, 543-6077.
• Missoula Vet Center.
Office hours are 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. 721-4918 or 1-800-626-8686. Provides counseling to veterans. 500 N. Higgins Ave., 59802.
• Montana Veterans Affairs Division. 2501 S. Reserve St., Missoula. 542-2501. A state-funded veterans advocacy organization that assists with claims for disability, pensions and education through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
• Vet Center. 500 N. Higgins Ave. 721-4918. Offers counseling services to veterans.
• United Veterans Council Associated Veterans Relief Board. A veterans agency serving emergency food, clothing and transportation needs of veterans and families. Contact John Sawyer, 542-2542.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars Ole Beck Post No. 209 and Auxiliary. 245 W. Main St. 728-7749. Post commander, George Sandau. Auxiliary president, Evelyn Fuquay, 543-7142. Post meets third Thursday of month, 7 p.m.; auxiliary meets second Tuesday of month,
2 p.m.; karaoke Friday and Saturday; bingo, Monday, 7 p.m.
• Western Montana Military Officers Association. Meets monthly. Contact Gordon Read, 363-2960, or Robert Wood, 251-5679.
• Western Montana State Veterans Cemetery Committee. Working to establish a state of Montana veterans cemetery in Missoula. Armed forces veterans (except those with dishonorable discharges) and their spouses are eligible to be buried in state veterans cemeteries. Contact C.E. Crookshanks, 728-2014.